Monday 26 August 2013

[9] As Long As We're Here


-- Let's make the most of our time... --
The weekend in hospital was never my favourite. It's fairly safe to say that it still isn't. And with a bank holiday threw into the mix it's been a quiet weekend.
My temperature finally came down slowly without the need for me to lose my temper with it. My appetite finally returned, and my bowels decided that they would actually digest some nutrients for a change.
Over the weekend, as my appetite came back I had Little Wing pizza not once, but twice.
20130826-230148.jpg
Then, despite the nausea the antibiotic causes, I sent the parental units off to get me chicken wings from Dominos, which I was determined to eat at least some of. I succeeded.
20130826-231059.jpg
Sunday and Monday contained rough mornings. Because of some of the medication I was taking for my bowel to wake up, I think my potassium levels dipped slightly. Eating some banana helped, but I've been little short of wiped out on those mornings, and by evening I'm back to my old self again. I am still feeling really nauseated on the cipro, but trying to fight through that. I had a dose about 20 minutes before publishing this and I still feel sick.
I push through for the funny moments, like when my sister, niece and nephew brought me up this mug. Aside from the obvious sarcasm which has been the talk of the ward, I've been able to have full sized cups of tea, and not two spoonful sized cups!
20130826-233326.jpg
What really pushes me through though is family. My nephew got his new game, and is praying for me to be released tomorrow even though my temperature did a little jump back up to 37.7 this evening.
20130826-233812.jpg
People have been commenting on how much I smile in hospital. The answer is simple. Hugs like these make you fight back, smile, and enjoy every second of life while you're here.
20130826-233701.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment